Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Russian Ballet!




We went to a spectacular performance of Romeo and Juliet. It was really neat to see the story in ballet form. I never knew how much can be portrayed without words. I have especially learned the importance of body language through my transformation into becoming a very good monkey/pantomime within the past month. Although, these performers were masters! I guess it just gives me something to aspire to: to be as fluent as those dancers one day in the use of no words to communicate, or the alternative: Learn Russian. But, then I would be fluent in any language. I dunno. But, the ballet was really fun! We took our host brother and Mom as well, I am really surprised that Stas had the attention span to sit through 3 hours of leaping, toe pointing romance. But, i guess there was also enough fighting scenes that he would enjoy it. And, the fact that nobody makes it out alive and it is not a happy ending. But, needless to say, it was really good! I know that Lena appreciated it very much! And she looked Beautiful! She dressed us up as well! Three things i would NEVER do . . . Wear my hair down! Wear a Necklace, and carry a purse around. It was kinda fun to be elegantly attending a Ballet. I felt like I was in Anastasia. Anyway, the Ballet house was so extravagent! The entire night was spectacular!

2 comments:

Julie said...

ahh that soo cool kar!
you guys look fabulous!
hope you have fun on your vacation!! take a million pictures!

Julie said...

that is sooo cool karli!
you guys look fabulous!
have fun on your vacation and take a million pictures!!
love you guys!

Background

x

Contributors