Sunday, September 7, 2008

The attempt at teaching has commenced.

We have started teaching the kids! And I tell you what . . . They are C-r-A-z-Y! They are definitely testing the waters this first week. It didn’t help that we had no idea what we were doing – at all. But, now we have a general grasp of how things go and what we need to do. We need to put so much effort into teaching these kids. We have to be just as energetic as them in order to focus their attention so that they don’t go to wild. They always need to be captivated by what we are doing. So, planning a lesson is essential. And not just simply planning them, but going into explicit detail and having at least 8 different things to look at within a 20 minute lesson period. It makes me wonder how my teachers dealt with my classes, cause I know there were some crazy uncontrollable kids. Hopefully I will figure it out and it will get better. There is one boy that just goes extremely nuts!!! And he drags everyone in the class with him on all of his crazy episodes! It is way funny to watch it happen though. Cause there is one girl that is seriously the most entertaining thing I have ever seen. Maybe we will get a video of her going psycho (the epitome of a wilderness wild child). Cause seriously! I laugh so hard!!! But, then it gets bad because all of the kids spiral into this crazy cyclone of terror. It is way fun though! I love the kids so much already! It is going to be way hard to leave them. But, for now, we will just enjoy all of the time that we have together. Crazy fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting. I know you will get them to calm down. It happens with all new teachers. I'm excited for you.

Background

x

Contributors