Friday, May 8, 2009

Paramedic?










Well . . . Basically, I am loving the paramedic program! It kicks my trash everyday and I couldn't be enjoying something more than what I do! We have labs and classes that basically go all day, and we have been with the same group of students for 5 months now, and we have 7 more months to go together! I love them to death! And i honestly don't want to be seperated from them. Its pretty crazy how close we have gotten, I go through withdrawals over weekends if I don't see them. But, This morning we had our self defense class taught by my favorite teacher, brother holley, which is the pictures when we are all in the nasty wrestling room. We all ganged up on each other, no one was safe. But, the girls found this thing called the tickle tactic, it works 60 percent of the time. I realized how seriously crazy our group just is! We also had a knot tying class last week, Hence the girls tied up (we did that our selves!!! Brother Holley was so proud of what he had taught us!).
The one on the Back board all tied down is Stetson, he is the other medic in my group, and the ones dressed up are kids from the class. Details i guess . . . Every monday we have a class called Ambulance Operations. We have divided the class into three different groups. Group # 1 will make up a scenario, get a patient and a place, and have the other 2 groups respond to it. Like we are running a real call. It helps out a ton to see how and what you need to work on before you actually get out into the field! So, Stetson and I had the scenario this week, and he was the patient, and it was pretty darn realistic! And, the best part was, my Mom and Dad came and visited during the class as well! I don't think I blogged about this, but, last semester, my parents came up and were the patients for the class, it was so fun! Probably one of my favorite scenarios. It was awesome! We all went to dinner at Winger's with my parents before they headed for home. So fun! Love them! The one with me and Brian, well, he is resuscitating 'my' baby. We just started our classes for helping kids. A bit scary, but hopefully we will all get through! As a paramedic student . . . Kids freak me out!!! Basically we have a little too much fun together! I absolutely love my classes! They definitely keep me on my toes. It astounds me as to how much knowledge they have crammed into us since the beginning of the program! So awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you are having so much fun! Wish i could be there

Background

x

Contributors