Thursday, May 28, 2009

7 always was my lucky number



So, let it be known that at 7 o'clock on the 28th of May 2009, I, Karli Ann Blum, after treating 118 patients in the E.R. was now on the receiving end of the health care system. And became a patient to a wonderful nursing staff in the oh so beautiful emergency room of Rexburg Idaho. The best part was, one of my class mates was on shift tonight and he was the one that got to help work on me while I was up there! It was awesome! (considering the circumstances)

One word . . . Lacrosse!


Watered down version of the tale:
I was behind the goal, two balls were in play, I was watching one ball while a kid took a shot, the goalie didn't stop it, it collided with my sunglasses, which in turn impaled my face, and I saw stars, spun around, dropped to a knee, told everyone what to do for me, and ended up with 7 stitches. And now, I have a sweet swollen eye and some various bruises. But, I am doing great! Minimal pain as of right now. and that is about it. Oh, another plus, I finally have a some what complete, bushy, looking eyebrow! I never really did before tonight, they are to blonde on the ends. But not today pal! My right eye brow is quite stunning. Seriously . . . people just love to stare at it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!!! You are CRAZY! I swear if something bad is going to happen while having fun its to you, and probubly a good thing too cause you deal with it SO DANG WELL!!! Love you and hope it heals okay!

Anna Jay said...

I love your winking picture. You are so accident worthy.

Love.

Julie said...

Hahahahahahaha!
Yayy!! Karli, I knew this special day would one day come! Congratulations on your complete eyebrow! Haha, you are awesome! Ster and I both love you!! Come and visit us sometime!

Ashley said...

I found the link to your blog on Amanda's blog! Yay for blogs! Sorry about the stitches, but it does look awesomely hard core. It's good to see your doing well, keep in touch!

Background

x

Contributors