Friday, October 8, 2010

Tail end of a Hurricane.

So, we haven't been able to dive for the last 4 days. The waves are pretty big. We're braving the weather. I haven't gotten sea sick yet. Which is good. There have been times where our outriggers have gone into the water on either side, which, means the boat is rocking a ton! The cupboards opened and we lost the bottle of soy sauce and the bottle of chicken wing sauce. Sad day. We have rice 3 times a day to, so no soy, its gonna be difficult. :) The guys on the boat are great! I still am really bad at spanish, but I'm getting to where I can kind of follow a conversation along and figure out what they're talking about. We have a lot of fun!! When we're diving, its even better!! Having fun! Missing home every now and then, and civilization. I can't wait for the day when I can get some homemade popovers and gravy from me mommy. I made cream puffs last night, everyone was way happy. It was quite the task, trying to keep things from not flying off the counter and go everywhere. I succeeded though! And, it was amazing, I didn't leave any tracks. While the puffs were in the oven, I was sitting at the table, and no one would have even known that I was cooking!! Mom, you'd have been so proud, lets see how I do when dishes aren't at risk. Let's hope I can keep up that good habit. Anyway. Life is great. Can't wait to see the fam. And get back to diving. I'm gonna find a cable and load some pictures soon. Life is bueno!!

2 comments:

la-tee-daw said...

I'm so proud...my little girl is growing up!!!! Did you get my recipes on your email?

Emily Nelson said...

You are a lovely ship. Please don't sink!

Background

x

Contributors