Saturday, August 1, 2009

AUSTRALIA






After our 16 hour plane ride, we have landed. The best part was, I slept for 13 hours of the flight! Whoa! Then, Kerri and I watched the movie Australia to get into the Outback Mode! And sure enough, the second we got off the plane, the immigration man sounded just like the main character on the movie! He was awesome! The only problem was, I could see my breath when we walked out of the airport . . . It’s WINTER HERE!

We have seen a couple of old friends, and have begun our ascent to the great north of this rather vast continent. (I have heard it is up in the 80’s in the north . . . perfect). This is one of the most exotic places in this world. It feels like I am on another planet, but then I see a glimpse of the places that I have been in my life, and realize that we are still on earth. But, I tell you what; these marsupials are definitely a different set of creatures entirely! We went kayaking and canoeing down a river in Kangaroo valley and got to see plenty of roos, wombats, and crazy birds. It was pretty awesome! Got a little wet, but that was definitely supposed to be expected. Then we went and saw Fitzroy Falls, a gigantic waterfall, which luckily wasn’t even close to the river we kayaked down! But, that was chilly. We ran back to our cars after seeing that one and then blasted the heat.
Today we have been on the road for quite some time; we have driven the equivalence of driving from our front door to Calgary. And when we finally get to where we are going, it will be like driving from our house to New York and then up to Canada and then back. We have stopped at a few awesome places:
Sydney Temple.
New Castle, a quaint little place where we had Italian Bistro for lunch and got Fresh Farmer’s Market Fruit for the road.
Surfer’s Paradise, and It was definitely a surfer’s paradise! Beautiful white sandy beach with majestic turquoise waves. V isited some more friends.
Australia Zoo, where Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter himself, made quite the name for himself. What a zoo! We got to see all of his favorite little Beauties and pet some kangaroos and koalas. What a place.

All in all, the trip has been quite eventful thus far, no worries, my journal holds all the funny little treasures, it’s got some good ones, you’ll have to sit down and go through it with me when we get back . . . Along with the pictures, of course. Enjoy the few I’ve got here.

6 comments:

Julie said...

So Jealous!
I definitely want to see more pictures and hear some good stories when you get back!

Emily ~ Lizzy said...

Goodness I'm semi-jealous, but life is going good for me so I can't complain :D I so happy for you and ur family ! that sounds like a blast !!!! Have a great time ! I miss ya !

Anonymous said...

FUN!!!! Wish i was there.

Di said...

Gu-day! throw another 'shrimp on the bar-be, mate'!!! Sounds like you are having a great time!! Can't wait to see more pictures. Say Hi!! to your dear parents for me....

Unknown said...

HEY Karli,When are you gonna let me out of your suitcase so I can enjoy Australia with your family.
;)

Lindsay Lorraine said...

Karls!
I miss your face! I'm so glad you are havin a blast!

Linz

Background

x

Contributors