Friday, December 12, 2008

8th Day of Christmas

So, last night we went to the opera with our host mom as a Christmas gift from her to us! It was so awesome! The voices were amazing, although it was in Russian, I think I understood the storyline, but maybe not the moral, maybe because it wasn't a very good one. But, it was pretty fun! And it was really beautiful! But, that wasn't the only show that has happened in the past 20 hours. Today was our kids performance for their parents, and let me tell you, they did magnificently! We have been preparing for it for over 2 weeks. But, it was so cute! The parents dressed there kids up all fancy, and one of them came into the room dressed as a nut-cracker! So CuTe!!! I will have to show you the videos! When I get home in five days! Our chain is so short! But, afterwards, all of the parents joined us for a great round of 'money, money, whose got the money?' And they really enjoyed it! And, the kids were so well behaved! We even got roses and some candles from various people. Then, there favorite part . . . the treat afterwards, a mountain of cookies, candies, fruit, and every different kind of treat I have seen here! (Don't worry family, I got you some; today infact! but, don't tell you I told you that, It's a surprise) But now I get to jet and babysit! Don't worry, these kids are american and SO Cute! Oh, bytheway, our family has no idea that it is us giving them the 12 days of Christmas! We have our Ukranian notes and are waly to busy to really stay at home, so, we just drop off the gift at the house and go on our merry little way until we get home later that night. So, it is going pretty well, The only sad part is, everything we have gotten goes to waste, because they don't trust any of the food for sanitary purposes, which is understandable, but, she fed Breanne and I the bananas in the morning, which was funny, cause no one else would eat it, but it's ok to feed it to us! It just makes me wonder what else I have been fed here that I really don't know what has happened to it. (Actually I know I have had some crazy stuff!) No worries Amber, I really don't think I can be germaphobic after this! I will usually take a peice of ham or cheese offered to me by one of the children, pop it in my mouth, and then afterwards watch them suck on the same kind and hand it to one of the other kids. Quite the let down! But, whatever, I have decided that if I can survive this, your germs will be just fine! I won't even consider you to have germs!) But, I get to give a talk in church this Sunday. So we will see how that goes! And I really have to go now! So, Love you! Thanks for Everything! Much Love! Peace out! See you all to soon!

No comments:

Background

x

Contributors