Saturday, January 30, 2010

IcE StoRm!!


"One of the worst storms Oklahoma City has seen". Well, I think that's because of the snow, they're not so used to that. They freak out more about the snow than they do the two-inch thick layer of ice that covers EVERYTHING!! Power-lines, trees, cars, mailboxes, roads, signs. If its outside, It got it. I had a patient that fell on the ice her ankle was broken very obviously deformed
and then 3 that had gotten into car accidents. They were okay. They were more scared than anything. Rear-ended into the corner of a liquor store. That hadn't even boughten the liquor yet!! Can't imagine what they would be like if they were inebriated. 








    
   All you can really do is chip at it after your car has been running for at least a half hour. and then it breaks off in sheets. It completely shields your car, so good luck even being able to get inside to turn the ignition on.



The first time i had legitimately seen power lines look like jump ropes swinging! It was insane! 

And for those who didn't know. This is my new vehicle! It is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo series. And it be NICE!! I LOVE IT!! And, it has handled like a dream on these bowling ally slick roads. 


It feels like you are always walking on top of a frozen pond. Its kinda weird. 

6 comments:

la-tee-daw said...

Amazingly freezing. I bet you wished you'd taken figure skating lessons then you could impress everyone with your twirling skills. We miss you tons. Gabbi (from lacrosse) says hi. She was doing a survey of hospital well doneness in Madison Memorial. Kerri is doing quite well but is still very bloated. Good luck with that ice burg city. Love mom

Anonymous said...

That is crazy!!! I'm glad u posted pics cause had u just bloged I would have never thought it was that bad. Crazy!!! Glad u r doing well! Miss and love u!!!

Emily ~ Lizzy said...

My sister lives in oklahoma city... she was talking about this ! SO CRAZY !

erin louise said...

Looks nice and cozy there! Looks like everyone needs to hibernate for a month.

Dallen said...

You should tell Britt to keep a blog too. I am glad I started mine again. Yours rocks, like everything you do :)

LeLe said...

Holy Cow!! I've never seen anything like that. I can't believe those pictures of you vehicle. I would have just died!

Background

x

Contributors