Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Best Christmas of my Life!!

Christmas Rocked! We had our pinning ceremony for the Paramedic Program on Dec 16. That was amazing! I got my pin. And now, I don't need to go back to that paramedic classroom for secular knowledge anymore, now, it will all come from the streets! (Which I am in Oklahoma right now awaiting Monday when I meet my preceptor and start riding on the ambulance with her) I will keep you posted. Back to Christmas though . . . 
The best part . . . 
HAWAII with the FaMiLy!!! So Awesome!!! 
We did so much in the 10 days that we were there! We met up with my cousins over there to! Which was So AwEsOmE!! . . . Much love to you Garners and Wallaces! 
So, we stayed in a super nice house on the shore of Waimanallo. so nice, Go to the beach as much as you want and be able to wash the sand off right outside before you went in the house. We played in the sand a ton! We also got some surfing kayaks that we took out to where the good sized waves were and rode the waves for a few hundred feet and then turned back around paddled right into the next ones, and then took the next big one. One problem, which was super funny. Dad was in his own kayak and my mom and I were in the other. We all caught the same wave and we were heading straight for each other. Well, Dad Won! He ran over my leg with the kayak turned us parallel with the wave, kept going and made mom and I flip right over! It was crazy! We were laughing pretty hard when we surfaced, and then we had to hurry and flip the kayak back over before the last waves buddy got to us. well, i got back in the kayak, kneeled down, and then mom hopped in, knees are not very stable. I fell out three more times after that. But, we took some snorkel gear and snorkeled on some beautiful coral. It was well worth the 30 minute paddle excursion out to where we were. 
More things, 
Hunama Bay . . . Beautiful! we snorkeled one of the islands protected coves. a huge variety of tropical fish. And even Tate and Yazzi loved to play in the water because their weren't any big waves to knock them over. It was perfect! I even saw a good friend there from back home. We see her everywhere! . . Moab, Hawaii, Temple Square. Awesome! 
Polynesian Cultural Center  . . . Luau and Show! It was amazing! Tate was captivated by the show the entire time . . .  hard to do!  I definitely would love to be polynesian! They are such a happy and inviting people! So family oriented and ready to welcome any. We went to church while we there and were so welcomed. They gave us each a croquetted lei and invited us to the front of the podium to accept it and sing aloha oye to us! It was amazing! And they all played with Yazzi and Tate. which helped them get through church as well. The sunday school teacher was so passionate about teaching on family: a proclamation to the world. And she made you feel like mistakes are made, but Heavenly Father knows you and he knows what is best and he will help you through anything! She was seriously an amazing lady! And she was super funny! 
Boogie boarding!
We climbed to the top of a mountain that looked out over the entire island and you could see the next island over. it was pretty amazing! And, dad made it to the top! I believe it was a good 3 hour endeavor. 
We had excellent food every day! Ham, Turkey, Pot Roast, Burgers, Halibut, Luau, Steak and Shrimp. YUM!! 
Went and watched the surfers on the North Shore Christmas day. 40 foot tall pipelines!! The waves were insane! 
Of course, being at the beach! . . . Sand castles, holes, "tubs" (holes with water), spooking Amber out about the 'sharks', watching the waves, sun, warmth, walking down the beach catching crabs, watched a school of fish once . . . neat. Digging for sea shells, Body surfing!, Sun, boogie boarding with mom, getting eaten by waves, Yazzi and I sculpted 5 sand turtles. Did I mention it was warm and sunny? Yum! Anyway, I loved it! 

1 comment:

la-tee-daw said...

Yup. Gotta say that was one of our best vacations ever. Having the family all together was my favorite. Tate running upstairs and jumping on me in the mornings was a highlight also. Not one squabble to think of and great food. How could any mom or grandmom ask for anything better!!!

Background

x

Contributors