Saturday, January 10, 2009

Don't got my own soul, and I may have just become a soldier.

So, the Paramedic Program is going to be awesome! But, a huge challenge and stress test! Each day is so different! And way crazy! There are only nine of us in the class, and we have basically sold our souls to the paramedic department for the next eleven months. We haven't even started dealing with patients yet! But, on monday, we start poking I.V.'s into eachother! And, we get to dress in uniform and have a full blown simulated call that three of our classmates have come up with, and we have to make the run and try and save their lives. And within the next two months, we will all be certified as Advanced Life Support, which I would have never dreamed of being at this point in my life! It is nuts! This coming weekend is basically the only time that I will get to come home for probably the rest of the semester. We start having Clinicals and then a 24 hour stand-by shift with the fire department this coming week! I get to carry an awesome brick radio around with me for the rest of my life and respond to calls with my new name, 135, which basically means to everyone else listening, 'paramedic student'.
Today, I also got deemed the Photography Commissioner of the Basketball League at BYU, Idaho by the Sports Coordinator. The pictures that I take will go in school bulletins, around on campus posters, in marketing tactics, and on the end of the semester slide show, and I could even sell some copies to the players who want them! It is going to be awesome! And I am way excited! Hopefully my camera will get fixed fast!
Tonight, we had a room mate meeting at Craigo's, The best pizza buffet in town! And, it was so fun! Man, I love my room mates already! We made a list of goals and fun things we want to do this semester, including a happy sun jar (writing down something that made you smile that day and putting it in the jar), adding a link to a chain that we want to make each day, and having a different fun thing to do on each link as your goal for the day, Tea time, put a 'Visiting Hours' sign on our door so that we can all get to sleep at an appropriate time. And some way fun stuff! Man, adjusting back to college life has been wonderful! Kerri and I are Room Room mates and I couldn't be happier about that! She is definitely a way awesome room mate! (When she keeps her shoes on her half of the room:)) But seriously! She is awesome! We have a military physical fitness class every other morning at 6:00 and it is so super fun! But, I couldn't even lift my laundry into the dryer today afterwards, it's a bit rough, but, what else do you expect from the stinkin army? I am way excited bout it! Anyway! I am sleep deprived, so good night! Kerri has been konked out on the couch for the past fifteen minutes, I am going to drag her poor little carcass into her bed to. Well, Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CRAZY!

Background

x

Contributors